Tuesday 18 October 2011

Interlude. Or Reflections On When Things Don’t Run Smoothly.





You may have noticed that I haven’t been here for a few weeks.  Well, that’s not true: I have been here, just not here.  Writing.  Regularly.


It was my aim, and well, I blew it.

Sorry.

And now its not a Sunday and I’m blogging, or reflecting.  Because this is the writing process.  The whole of it.  Harlan Coben wrote that a writer is somebody who just writes and has to write and can’t live without writing.

Well, that’s nice but… my job kinda gets in the way.  I have a Life and that gets in the way, too.  In a fun, lovely, special, annoying kind of way.

And I really like my job too.  I know its crazy… but its true.  When you get caught between the moon and new –

Sorry.  Got sidetracked there.

As I did with Life. 

That’s going to happen sometimes and I’m not really going to be able to get away with it.  As lovely as the Alpasmart NEO is, its not my old Amstrad NC200, so just picking up and writing isn’t the same anymore.

This is Progress.  Or so I’m told.

But the point is, the point is, that I’m going to get back on track very soon.  Watch this space.

Take care

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment